Koch Brothers and Wal Mart Families Dominate Top 10 Richest Americans List
The two families that have been leading the fight to deny Americans fair wages, health care and union’s the ability to organize to secure workers’ rights, while at the same time are supporting and funding the extremist Tea Party movement, just happen to also take up half of the spots on the new Forbes 400 top 10 richest American lists.
The infamous Koch Brothers, Charles and David, are ranked 4th richest Americans with a combined net worth of $50 billion.
Following close behind are three members of the family that owns Wal Mart, David, Christy and Jim Walton, clocking in with a combined net worth of $70.4 billion.
Here are the ten richest people in America and their net worth, according to the Forbes 400.
• Bill Gates, $59 billion (software)
• Warren Buffett, $39 billion (investing)
• Larry Ellison, $33 billion (software)
• Charles Koch, $25 billion (energy)
• David Koch, $25 billion (energy)
• Christy Walton, $24.5 billion (retail)
• Jim C. Walton, $21.1 billion (retail)
• Alice Walton, $20.9 billion (retail)
• George Soros, $22 billion (investing)
• Sheldon Adelson, $21.5 billion (casinos)
Also, interesting is the fast rising fortunes of 27-year-old Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, who gained $10.6 billion to jettison him to number 14 on the list, with a net worth of $17.5 billion. Last year Zuckerberg was number 35.